This site takes advantage of cutting edge technology to present the most effective and efficient website. This technology requires that your browser supports web standards. While this site will remain functional for you without, we strongly recommend you upgrade to a standards-compliant browser.
Mini Mic Soccer ClinicPlayer must be at least 4 years old by July 31, 2013 and not enrolled in the 2013-2014 school year.
· One hour a week for 4 weeks starting in September.
· Fundamentals/instruction/small games
· A great introduction to the sport and its skills
· For boys and girls
· T-shirt included
· Shin guards are highly recommended
A clinic information letter and schedule will be sent out to all registered participants 10 days before the clinic start day.
Micro SoccerSmall sided games
Kindergarten-3rd Grade - boys and girls
A great place for YMCA kids to start…
It's a fun, small sided (4 vs. 4) soccer league. ·
Maximum of 8 players per team, playing 4 vs. 4. ·
Each team provides a volunteer coach (usually a parent) to whom the YMCA will give helpful soccer practice diagrams and instructions. ·
Easy way for beginning coaches to learn the game of soccer.
Players may register for both Micro soccer and Recreational Soccer. Teams are based on school, grade and previous team. We try to honor friend requests. ·
The YMCA Blue/ Red Reversible Jersey for $15.00 is required for Micro Soccer. Jerseys can be purchased at Spirit Park and Wright Park on game days or at the Youth Sports office Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Recreational SoccerKindergarten-9th Grade - boys and girls
· Smaller sized balls for better control/development
· Smaller size goals/fields for younger age levels
· Modified rules for different ages to provide maximum success
· Participation by everyone
· Practice once a week and play a game once a week.
Girls and Boys are separate leagues.
· Weekends for all grade levels starting in August
· Scheduling will depend on number of teams; game days may vary from season to season.
Wright Park--West Pioneer & Folsom
Recreational League Shirts:
· Grade K-9 Reversible Red/Blue ($15.00)
·Shin guards are required for all grade divisions. (Socks must be worn over shin guard)
·Eye glass strap is also required.
Grade K-9 Shoes:
Any soccer cleat shoe is legal. No screw-in cleats allowed. No baseball or football cleats allowed. Tennis shoes are fine.
The YMCA Blue/ Red Reversible Jersey for $15.00 is required for Recreational Soccer. Jerseys can be purchased at Spirit Park and Wright Park on game days or at the Youth Sports office Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.